Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Campus: Bahay ng Alumni

Exactly two years ago. It was another exhausting yet fulfilling Saturday morning. We jogged around the Acad Oval, listened to a tactics lecture, and did some platoon exercises. The rest of the morning we spent by cleaning the hall.

I could have stayed longer and bond with the other cadets but I was hurrying to get home. D, an architecture student whom I met before that semester started, invited me to a party later at night. I would get home, rest, and prepare for the party.

"I would wear longsleeves," I told D.

"What?! It's not a formal event. You might get segregated," D reacted. As if what I would wear is semi-formal longsleeves for work.

It was hot with the noon-sun when we were allowed to leave the barracks. I would normally go home without changing our black shirt and olive green pants uniform and combat boots. As I was crossing the street, not that far yet from the barracks, a guy was crossing the opposite way.

He was too handsome for me to have a chance so I did not mind him much. But when we were both at the middle of the street and glanced at him, he was smiling, almost grinning. After I crossed, I turned around and looked at him. He was staring at me. He stayed at the waiting shed.

It was typical Saturday in UP, not many cars, jeepneys, nor people. I got really curious and crossed back the street without thinking. I approached the waiting shed. Shy. I managed to smile yet with a questioning face.

I cannot sense anything from him at all but the oozing horniness coming from his tight shirt that clad his probably toned body. He did not waste another second and got straight to the matter.

"Do you know of a more private space near we could go to?" he asked.

I keep smiling and whispered my thoughts spontaneously.

"Yup. There," at last I mustered confidence to speak clearly.

Am I not wearing black shirt, green pants, and boots? Maybe he wants to fantasize men-in-uniform. I pointed the Bahay ng Alumni. We entered the first floor comfort room. There was no one inside but I know the guard-on-duty stays just outside the comfort room. Moreover, visitors of the building frequently use it.

I told him that we should go upstairs. As we were going up to the third floor, he hold my crotch. He teased me. I was already hard. We sat at the bench thinking of our next move. "Let's wait for the janitor to leave the comfort room," he said. The second and third floor was almost vacant.

We started asking things to each other. He asked me what course I am taking and my year. I asked him the same questions. He only said he was already a graduate. I asked him other things which he unanswered confidently or not at all. He was now very different from the tall guy I met outside just a while ago.

The janitor left. We entered the small comfort room. He went inside the cubicle and signaled for me to join him. I was very hesitant, remembering what happened to me just months before. He already lifted his shirt, unbuttoned his pants, and lowered his zippers. He lowering his pants and briefs was the last thing I saw.

I rushed out of the comfort room and sat on the bench again. He followed and asked what the problem was. I told him that what we were about to do was very risky. He consoled me that no one will see us, that there was no one around.

I asked for his number. He was again in elusive mode. He insisted that I gave him my number instead and he would call me. He typed to his blackberry my number. I bargained that we should go to a motel instead. He was shut. After a few minutes we walk down and out of the building.

He was already saying goodbye and stopped the Ikot. I looked at him as he was sitting at the very back looking at me too while the jeepney was driving away. He never called me nor texted me. I never saw him again.

It is part of UP life that only few experienced and will probably do. ROTC is mandatory no more and ROTC today is very different. Our small size makes the military hierarchy treat each one of the future reserves more special now than mandatory-era cadets.

It was not only physical training, military tactics, and platoon discipline. It was much more. We had marksmanship, pistol and rifle assembly and disassembly, and rappelling among others. I also gain as friends my co-cadets and our officers. ROTC did gave me one year of unforgettable adventures.


 maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment