Monday, November 19, 2012

408 km away

I spent the last 5 days of sembreak with family at Ilocos. The best part of the trip was at Hannah's Beach Resort at the northern tip of Luzon Island. The worst part, choosy network coverage. I was not able to reach the outside world for two days. We are like this. We go on vacation to escape our monotonous daily lives. When we are far from the hustle, we miss it, and depressed that we are disconnected.

Yeah, I too like travels and techie at it. I have Google maps on my phone with gps and wi-fi. For the internet, a Huawei mobile wi-fi device with Smart sim so I would not need to go outside the resort room (compared to the choosy network above). I also have my tablet which can save me from boredom. My most used apps that time were FacebookPlague Inc., and of course Grindr.

When I opened my Grindr I was surprised to see that most of the guys online were Korean or Chinese looking. I thought to myself, "there are a lot of vacationing foreigners out here". Then I started checking their statements. Only three or four profiles at the top were fairly Pinoy. They were 25 or 40 km away.

I opened the next profiles but failed to understand their Chinese-character filled statements. Then I looked at the distance. 408 km away! The preceding profile was 40 km away. "Of course", I told myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment