Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tulisanes

PS. Apologies for being absent for nearly half a year and thank you for the more than thousand blog views.

Read the first part: Los Montañeses

"Did you came?" I asked C.

"No," he quipped.

"What will we do about that?"

"I'll finish it at home."


We were already near our street. I was still chuckling at him while walking.

"Stop laughing at me already," as he bumped me.

I will walk him until our subdivision's gate.

"So where is your house?" he inquired.

"There," as I pointed far back at the street we were walking as if ours was not a few houses away.

"I'm hungry already," he muttered.

"Me too," I concurred.

"Wanna Mcdo?"

It was a good excuse to hang out with this guy some more.

"So did you had a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Nothing serious. I had girlfriends," he said.

We talked about those things a bit more. We walked past the gate, our meeting place, and the barangay hall. We were near their subdivision and I can sense his caution. I share the same with him. I thought we would walk straight through the main street when we suddenly took a turn. It was to their subdivision! I was puzzled why.

Though it is another way to the national road and it is less likely that someone who can recognize me will pass through there, I did not thought he would choose that way. It is only half a kilometer to the national road and another half to Mcdo, just along the national road.

It was not yet that late but there were few people and cars outside. It became different as we entered Mcdo. That store was recently renovated and now opens 24-hours. I looked around if I would recognize someone while we walked to the counter. I stared long up the menu. I am always like that.

He got iced coffee and a burger. I just got an iced coffee too. He added a large fries then he paid for it. "I'll just go to the washroom," he excused.

I carried the tray. I was looking for a less pronounced table. I sat and waited for him.

He was already taking his time. I was still cautious if there were onlookers. I was planning to check him out when suddenly a familiar faced guy showed up outside the store. My younger brother was next to him and their other barkada. It seems they will go inside.

I do not know if I will stand up and go to the washroom but I did. Not a step more when C came out.

"My brother is here," I said with a ghastly voice. I looked towards the group entering the store doors.

He did not said anything to me and went straight to my brother. I do not know if I will grab his shirt or call him back. He talked to my brother and another of the group. They were having fun. He handed money to the other guy.

My brother saw me and said, "Hey, you were also here?" Reply was not expected.

I felt conspired upon. The group went to the counters. C returned back to me. I was expecting an explanation when he laughed.

"As if you saw a ghost," he teased me. "You were about to jump or tumble!"

We sat down and sipped with our straw while my brother's friends sat at a table not so far.

"That was my nephew," he began explaining. "And so you are our friend's brother?" He laughed again. "Who would have thought?"

I have a similar sentiment.

"I knew your brother since he was small. They would always stay at our house. They would sleepover when drunk. We would have fun during birthdays and New Year's Eve. That brother of yours is crazy!"

So he knows my brother more than I do and that was why we took a detour. Their house was along that street.

"And what did you say?" I worried.

"We became classmate once in UP."

"Oh okay so I was freshman and you were in senior year?"

"Don't worry. I will take care of it."

We finished our coffee and walked back home. This time, he was also laughing at me.

To be continued.. Remontados

No comments:

Post a Comment