Wednesday, July 30, 2014

God Save the King 4

Read the first part: God Save the King

Read the second part: God Save the King 2

Read the third part: God Save the King 3

Some of my classmates were already working on their projects when I arrived.

"Hey! Your clothes are very simple today," a guy classmate noticed.

I was wearing a plain white shirt and dark almost black maong pants.

"And you're quite happy! Have you scored last night?" he teased.

I just kept on smiling and proceeded welding some pieces of metal strips together.

"Have you had breakfast?" I texted Ric.

"Yup! You?" he replied. "I already miss you".

"Miss you too Ric :*
I had breakfast."

After an hour, the instructor notified us that he will close the shop in time for lunch. I went to the library to kill time as Ric and I will not be meeting each other at JP Rizal until 5.

I was swiping between Hornet profiles on my tablet when I read Ric's text 20 minutes late, "What are you doing now?"

"Here at the library. Text me back after your class is done. Do not go home yet."

I took my bag from the racks and went out of the building. I rode a Philcoa jeep. Then, at Philcoa, I rode a jeep to Anonas. I get off at Kamias. I was checking my maps app how far will the jeepney ride be from there to Ric's school. I asked a jeepney driver if it will pass through there which he confirmed.

"I'm going to your school. On a Quiapo jeep now."

"Oh no! I'm not yet done," he replied.

"It's okay. Just text me before you go out."

I got off near a familiar place. I walked along the street observing establishments around. After about a hundred meters, I was in front of the school. Students are going out, chatting in groups, and crossing the street. I observed that only the Quiapo jeeps are passing by. I looked at my maps to see if there is any familiar place nearby. I crossed the street and walked back to the intersection where I got off.

Some students were smoking and others were getting out of a computer shop. I saw a tricycle terminal around the corner. I asked if they can ferry up to N. Domingo. They said they can only go up to Broadway Centrum which is at the back of N. Domingo.

"Done!" a message read.

"Wait. I'm going to the entrance." I texted.

We smiled on seeing each other. We then crossed the street. He was about to hail a jeep when I asked him if we could take a different route. He agreed.

As the tricycle was nearing Broadway Centrum, I realized the LRT line is passing through there. I asked Ric if he had rode the LRT from school. He said, once. We then agreed the jeep way is indeed more convenient. The LRT is kinda boring. It will pass through the same route we take everyday. I was probably looking for something inconvenient.

There are a lot of people outside Broadway Centrum when we passed by. Two hosts of Eat Bulaga are on a small platform which has a see-through enclosure where a contestant goes in. I was wondering why they were still shooting when it was almost 5pm.


There were no sight of buses at the corner of N. Domingo. I asked around where the buses pass. I was told to ride a jeep to Pinaglabanan. We took the short jeepney ride to the intersection where the buses are turning. I was wishing to ride a bus with free wi-fi but the buses are full so we just rode the next bus where we could still sit.

The only vacant seats were at the very back. We managed to sit next to each other. We then talked about school stuff. He showed me his math notebook which made me realized I have lost algebra skills.

As the bus was turning to Ortigas, he touched my knee under our bags. I held his hand. He then started touching me somewhere else then everywhere when the guy next to me, who looked like a yuppie, was already looking at us. We stopped but the guy still kept on looking, not in a bad way though.

He told me about the drugs culture in La Salle Green Hills, as we passed by there, which he learned from a Lasallian friend. I asked him if he had tried taking drugs. He said, no. The bus then became jam-packed after leaving Robinsons Galleria. Nearing the intersection of C5, I asked him what it is like inside the CCF Center. He told me it looked like a concert dome and I could see a video on YouTube. There is also a preschool (or something like that) inside, he added.

The bus got lighter when we were already at Ortigas Extension. We transferred to the middle. There were three old women busy talking at the seats in front of us. Only one guy was left seating at the back. He unzip his pants and motion me to touch him. We were interrupted when the guy went off the bus. We were also near where we would get off.

We crossed the street and walked to Puregold. He asked me if I smoke. I said, no. He reminded me that smoking is bad.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment