Tuesday, October 15, 2013

God Save the King 3

Read the first part: God Save the King

Read the second part: God Save the King 2


"Good morning bro!" I texted him first thing after waking.

I did my morning routine which included checking updates online and breakfast.

"Good morning too!" his reply after an hour. "I'll take a bath first."

I also took a bath after knowing he was awake.


After taking a bath, I read another message, "Let's just meet at Puregold. We'll wait for the jeep there."

"Okay. I'm finished prepping. Do you take the tryke going out?"

"Nope. I use my motorcycle."

"I'm going out now."

"Wait for me."

"Okay."

I took the tryke to Puregold and went at the waiting shed. I took out my notebook in Bio, as if I could multitask with that and waiting for him. I was excited to see him in school uniform.

He rode the motorcycle with his older brother at the back. I thought he leaves his motorcycle at the parking. There was no need anymore to remind him of the rampant stealing of parked motors there. His brother left with the motorcycle.

Our smile with each other was quickly punctuated by the arrival of a Cubao jeep. We got on immediately. The next Cubao jeep sometime takes forever but apparently not at this hour. There was overabundance of them. They arrive next after next with enough seats for a few more people. I begin to envy his late morning sched.

I sat beside him. Reading my notes kept me occupied most of the time.

"Where do you alight?" I asked him to pepper the trip with some conversations.

"At J.P. Rizal. Not exactly there but the alley across," he explained. "Then I'll take the Project 2&3 to Quiapo jeep."

I knew the place. I have been there once or twice.

"That will stop in front of your school?"

"Yeah. You'll get off at Katipunan right?"

"Yup. Then there is jeep straight to campus."

I sometimes interrupt my review to look at him and zoom out. I glance outside to see where we were which after a thousand commute of the same route would not take more than two seconds. I would look outside longer to disdain the slow traffic. I thought it would be a faster commute at that time.

"Let's just pay when we are at LRT," he said.

"Sure."

That was usual especially when the jeep is jam packed that getting money from the pocket is acrobatic.

He does not really fix his fuzzy hair. I can catch a smell from him. It was not from perfume or something, probably fabric conditioner.

"Have you tried to sabit?" I asked him.

"Of course! My longest one was from Aurora to Sta. Lucia."

"Mine was from Taytay to LRT."

We laughed.

We paid our fare after the jeep got lighter when a few people got off at the LRT. It was already 10 minutes to 10. The last kilometer to where I would get off was, most of the time, decidingly slow. I was not worried because I knew the exam would not start on time. I kept my notes.

"I'm getting sleepy," I told him.

"Me too."

"Do you sometimes sleep on the jeep?"

"Yeah."

"Me too."

Our arms bumped under our bags. He began touching my side then my lap. The traffic did not seem as slow. I felt that the girl in front of us was noticing but my eyes were just looking straight somewhere outside. After that, it was my turn. I also slipped my fingers into his side and lap.

The conductor asked if there was anyone alighting at Katipunan. Someone said yes. I looked at Ric with a slight smile and said a soft bye. I rushed to the jeep to campus.

"I wanted to kiss you! Hahahahaha," I read a message after getting on the campus jeep.

"Me too. Take care. You want to go home together later?"

"Sure! I got a hard-on with your pinch on me! Hahaha."

I did not really pinched him.

";P What time do you arrive at JP Rizal going home?"

"5 more or less."

"Okay bro."

Okay! Take care bro :*"

After finishing the quick Bio exam, I went to our shop class to finish our welding and wooden chair projects. 

Read the fourth part: God Save the King 4

No comments:

Post a Comment