Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jeeponomics: Cost Analysis

My class finished earlier than usual. I love days like this because I can avoid the afternoon rush - no waiting for an hour to ride a jeep and no need to sabit (see picture below).




I have three options. I could ride a jeep for 7 pesos for a kilometer route and a second jeep for 8 pesos for 3.5 kilometers. I could walk half a kilometer then ride a jeep, Php 8 for 4 km. Without thinking, I walked for a kilometer and ride a jeep, Php 7 for 3 km. This is the shortest route by distance and it seems faster because I have no waiting time for the jeep to fill.

Two o'clock to four in the afternoon is the best time to snooze in a jeep. You have warm air but you are shielded from the sun by the roof of the jeep. My internal clock and gps usually works when it is about to arrive at the terminal but not this time. I was awoken by the passenger beside me. I came to my senses fast yet natural. I looked at who waken me before alighting from the jeep.

He was now walking ahead of me but I caught-up. He is cute and seems nice. He is fair, a few centimeters taller than me, and probably nineteen. Not mistakenly, a student, especially with the inch-thick lace.

"Where do you study?" I asked.

"PSBA."

"There?" as I pointed.

He nodded. We walked together.

"How 'bout you?" he asked back.

"UP."

"Do you have a gf?" he leaned closer and I repeated the question.

"None."

We climbed up the pedestrian bridge.

"What's your course?" I asked the bridge question.

"Accountancy. You?"

"Engineering."

"Are you bi?" which I repeated.

He did not seem to figure out.

"Nevermind," I said.

As expected, there is no waiting time to get a jeep. He walked towards his school.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment